Thinking about college?
Choosing a college can be a confusing and stressful decision. Luckily we are at hand to help! With the school leaving age being raised to 18 (read our blog about that here - The truth about when you can leave education), your choices include going to college.
South and City College is one of the highest performing colleges in Birmingham and Solihull. What this means is that we're good at what we do and this reflects in our amazing pass rates.
To find out where our campuses are and what we do at each one visit our campuses page.
Download our Young Person's Course Guide, click here.
Come be part of our exciting journey to success. With so many courses and campuses to choose from, there's something for everyone.
What is vocational study?
The word vocational may seem scary- but it's not! It just means it is a practical option which is more hands on then doing A Levels. You can still go onto university with a vocational course if that's what you want to do. There is a wide range of choices available after completing your course which includes university, apprenticeships and getting a job. A vocational course is a great option if you decide that A Levels are not for you.
Why South and City College?
With so many colleges in the West Midlands area you might ask what is so brilliant about South and City College. Well below we have listed five reasons why South and City College is an amazing place to start your career:
- The highest performing general FE college in Birmingham for 16-18 year olds
- 98% of our 16-18 year old students passed their course
- Most of our tutors come from industry and are therefore experts in their field
- 97% of our students feel safe at college
- 97% of students are happy with their course and the college
- 99% of our students say their tutors really know their stuff