At South and City College we provide our students with opportunities to gain experiences and additional skills alongside their courses. These opportunities provide excellent additions to students' CVs helping them find employment and supplementing applications to university.
Many courses include study trips as part of the course. Some of these are in the UK to places, exhibitions and events that are relevant to the course and some just for fun. Some trips are abroad.
The college also have links with organisations and other colleges throughout Europe and take part in a variety of projects. Students will have the opportunity to get involved in these projects which may see them spending time working and learning in within Europe for up to two weeks at a time.
- Fashion students go the Clothes Show Live, London Fashion Week and Paris
- Public Services visit the battle fields of Normandy
- Childcare students have been to Amsterdam in Holland to visit a range of childcare facilities
- There are also regular trips to theme parks, museums, and attractions within the UK and further
We aim to find as many students as possible relevant work experience to supplement their studies. This could be working within a business or organisation learning from them, or it might include getting involved with projects within the college or with our partners.
- Construction students have been helping local cricket clubs with building repairs
- Carpentry students are undergoing a bespoke project for the Lord Mayor of Birmingham
- Media students film and photograph college events and our partners events