Automotive & Engineering
The college offers a wide and varied range of motor vehicle college courses, including service and repair, body repair, paint refinishing and motorsport. All of our motor vehicle courses are well suited to those who have love cars, enjoy fixing things and those who have an interest in car repairs, motor vehicle maintenance and car mechanics. We have full and part time vehicle maintenance courses, as well as motor vehicle apprenticeships which are run from our specialist motor vehicle workshops.
The motor vehicle industry
There are around 514,000 people employed in the UK’s automotive retail sector which is just under 2% of the UK workforce, and this is growing. With more and more cars on the road, the number of vehicle maintenance and repair businesses is increasing, and over the last ten years they have already increased by almost 50%. Here in the West Midlands there are around 18,745 jobs in the industry.
The highlight for me was taking the college's race car to Silverstone. We all took part in fixing the car - if there was a problem with it we had to fix it straight away. This was an amazing experience.Ryan Pitkin
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.
- Apprenticeship Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
- Apprenticeship in Engineering Level 2
- Apprenticeship Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
- Apprenticeship Vehicle Accident Body Repair Level 2
- Award in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Operation and Maintenance
- Certificate Engineering and Manufacturing Level 2
- Diploma in Body Repair & Paint Refinishing Level 2
- Diploma in Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
- Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
- Diploma in Motor Cycle Maintenance & Repair Level 2
- Diploma in Motor Sport Level 2
Are you undecided about your next step? We can help you choose the right course for you.Get Advice