Automotive & Engineering
The college offers a wide and varied range of motor vehicle college courses, including service and repair, body repair, paint refinishing and motorsport. All of our motor vehicle courses are well suited to those who have love cars, enjoy fixing things and those who have an interest in car repairs, motor vehicle maintenance and car mechanics. We have full and part time vehicle maintenance courses, as well as motor vehicle apprenticeships which are run from our specialist motor vehicle workshops.
The motor vehicle industry
There are around 514,000 people employed in the UK’s automotive retail sector which is just under 2% of the UK workforce, and this is growing. With more and more cars on the road, the number of vehicle maintenance and repair businesses is increasing, and over the last ten years they have already increased by almost 50%. Here in the West Midlands there are around 18,745 jobs in the industry.
The highlight for me was taking the college's race car to Silverstone. We all took part in fixing the car - if there was a problem with it we had to fix it straight away. This was an amazing experience.Ryan Pitkin
- Apprenticeship in Engineering Level 2
- Certificate Engineering and Manufacturing Level 2
- Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- Certificate/Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 1
- Certificate/Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
- Diploma in Body Repair Level 2
- Diploma in Body Repair Level 3
- Diploma in Engineering Level 1
- Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 3
- Diploma in Paint Refinishing Level 2
- Diploma in Paint Refinishing Level 3
- Diploma in the Introduction to Vehicle Technology Entry 3
- Foundation Degree in Engineering (Electronic Systems Pathway) (Awarded by Aston University - subject to approval)
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Vehicle Accident Body Repair
- Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance (Light Vehicle)
- Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance (Motorcycle)
- Level 1 Engineering and Manufacturing Adult
- Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 3 Diploma (VRQ) in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ)
- Motor Vehicle Level 1 with ESOL
Study online with South and City College Birmingham and E-careers.
Are you undecided about your next step? We can help you choose the right course for you.