With this qualification, you will get the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training or study in the digital and cybersecurity sectors. The core knowledge and understanding will be assessed through an examination and core skills through a practical employer-set project. In addition to this, maths, English and general digital skills will be integrated within the qualification in occupationally relevant contexts. The T Level study programme is eligible for UCAS points and this qualification is equivalent to 3 'A' Levels.
The course is split into 2 sections: The Core and the Occupational Specialism.
The core is studied in the first year and covers a range of topics underpinning the knowledge, concepts and skills needed in the digital industries.
Occupational specialisms are studied in the second year and you can choose one from:
• Digital infrastructure
• Digital support The specialisms study aspects such as principles of network and cyber security, computer networks and system design specifications. You will gain a sound understanding of network infrastructure and components, troubleshooting and technical support. This course will allow you to apply procedures and controls to maintain the digital security of an organisation and its data for example risk mitigation controls to prevent threats to digital systems such as National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Cyber Essentials. Also implement, configure and manage communications applications; and discover, evaluate and apply reliable sources of knowledge.
• 5 GCSEs at Grades 4 or above including both English Language and maths (preferably) plus a college interview and initial assessment.
• A commitment to a 315 hour / 45 day industry placement
• A passion for the subject and real interest in becoming an IT Professional.
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to the following, depending on their chosen occupational specialism:
• Network and Cyber Security specialist
• Digital support specialist
• Digital applications specialist
• Digital service specialist
• Infrastructure specialist
• IT solutions specialist
• Digital Systems operator
• Technical Support specialist or
• Higher education