This course gives you an opportunity to have support from the foundation team in partnership with the vocational team to ensure your needs are met. You will have an opportunity to attend practical and theory sessions in your vocational option. Year - 1 Multi Skills E3 Each term you will attend a practical session; this is to help you decide which the right career pathway is for you. You will build skills in different practical sessions and understand how to keep yourself and others safe, whilst you carry out the practical activities. You will visit and speak to employers to find out what opportunities there are for you once you have finished the course. You will have support from your tutor whilst on the course to choose the right pathway for you and understand what that involves. Year - 2 Vocational Pathway - L1 Certificate You will have chosen your vocational option that you want to study for this year. Each week you will have a practical and theory lesson in your chosen option. The vocational team and personal tutor will support you to ensure this is the right course for you. You will be expected to speak and visit employers to explore your opportunities in your chosen career pathways. Year - 3 Vocational Pathway - L1 Diploma This course is for you to progress to after you have completed year 2 in the vocational pathway programme. You can also choose to start on this course if you have the correct level of English and maths. Each week you will have to attend two days studying a practical and theory lesson in your chosen option. The vocational team and personal tutor will support you to ensure this is the right course for you. You will be expected to speak and visit employers to explore your opportunities in your chosen career pathways.
The key areas you will study are
• Functional skills English
• Functional skills maths
• A qualification in employability and in the vocational area, this will depend on which course you are studying in the 3-year programme year To attend practical and theory lessons. Explore your opportunities to progress to the wider college to study higher-level courses or have support to find employment. The vocational areas will include these pathway options*:
• Art & design
• Motor vehicle
• Retail and business
• Creative media and ICT
• Hair and beauty
• Hospitality and catering
• Sports and public services *Not all the campuses will deliver all the options
• You will need to have minimum Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in maths and English
• You will be expected to be able to work towards progressing on to the wider college vocational programmes or find employment.
• To attend 3 days a week dependant on which course you will be studying in the 3-Year programme
• Be able to attend the practical sessions in your chosen pathway option
This is a 3-year programme and once finished, you could progress to the wider college at a higher-level or find employment or an apprenticeship.