This course is ideal for you if aspire to work in education or childcare. In the first year, you will study core knowledge and skills relevant to both sectors and get the opportunity to put this into practice through an industry placement. You will be assessed in the first year via 2 written exams and an employer set project. The second year consists of an occupational specialism and is assessed via synoptic assignments. This technical qualification will support students on to a range of progression routes including employment, higher education and higher apprenticeships. UCAS Tariff points T Level overall grade A Level 168 Distinction * (A* on the core and distinction in the occupational specialism) AAA* 144 Distinction AAA 120 Merit BBB 96 Pass (C or above on the core) CCC 72 Pass (D or E on the core) DDD
In the first year you will study the core knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to work in the education and childcare sector. This will be assessed through exams and an employer set project:
• Supporting education
• Safeguarding, health and wellbeing
• Parents, families and carers
• Working with others
• Child development
• Child observation and assessment
• Reflective practice
• Equality and diversity
• Special education needs and disability
• English as an additional language In the second year you will complete your occupational specialism in the Early Years sector. This will be assessed by a series of synoptic assessments. In addition to this, you will undertake an industry placement for two days per week across both years of your course.
5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above including maths and English Language.
On completing the course you can enter the workforce as a qualified Early Years Educator or progress onto higher education.