Study music performance at Digbeth Campus to the have the opportunity to perform in our vibrant, working 600 capacity concert venue - The Crossing! The course will be delivered in a very practical and vocational context. Students will develop individual performance skills in addition to working with other performers on collaborative recording projects and performances. Elements of composition and music industry knowledge combine to make this an exciting course for future performers hoping to further a career in the music industry. This is a two year programme and students will need to pass both years to obtain the full qualification.
• Performing as an ensemble
• Creating music material
• Using musical styles
• Planning a career in the industry
• Personal music project
• Collaborative music project
You will need either:
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4 or above including English and maths or equivalent qualifications and a successful audition on the instrument of your choice (or vocals).
• A BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Music Industry Skills Mature students will be considered based on prior experience and ambition.
Our Level 3 programmes are valued by employers or universities for higher qualifications. A variety of careers are available throughout music performance, music events, management, teaching and so on. The possibilities are endless and we will help you with your next career move.