This course is an alternative to A Levels for young people looking to enter the health sector. This is a technical qualification which will provide you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to progress into skilled employment or further study in the health sector. In the first year, you will study core knowledge which will be assessed by an externally set exam. Core skills will be assessed by a practical employer-set project. In the second year, you will undertake an occupational specialism, such as supporting the adult nursing team, which will be assessed through a series of synoptic assessments. You will also undertake a placement in a clinical setting, allowing you to apply your knowledge to practice, and develop the necessary skills and behaviours for the health sector.
The first year of the course will consist of three components:
1. Core knowledge assessed through examination:
• Working within the health and science sector
• The healthcare science sector
• Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
• Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
• Managing information and data within the health and science sector
• Managing personal information
• Good scientific and clinical practice
• Providing person centred care
• Health and wellbeing
• Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
• Core science concepts including biology, chemistry and physics
• Further science concepts 2. Employer Set Project 3. Industry Placement The second year of the course will consist of two components: 1. Study of the knowledge and skills of an occupational specialism (such as Supporting the Adult Nursing Team) 2. Continuation of industry placement
5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above including English Language, maths and science. You will also be required to complete a DBS check.
On completion of the T Level in Health, you could enter the workforce in the health sector or continue studying through a degree or a higher apprenticeship.