You will study three days a week at our Bournville campus (Longbridge) for our full time course, or 2 evenings a week for our adult only course at our Bournville campus (Longbridge). The course consists of online assessments, folder work and practical observations.
Modules of study include:
•Anatomy and physiology including:
•Heart and circulatory system
•Postural and core stability
• The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
• How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
• How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
• How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.
• How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
• How to design, manage, and adapt a gym based exercise and personal training programme with healthy adults of all ages.
• How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for healthy adults of all ages.
• Anatomy and physiology
• Health and safety
• Communicating with clients
• Gym Inductions
• Planning and delivering personal training sessions
All learners must hold a Level 1 qualification in English / maths. All learners must also have a keen interest in the fitness industry.
You can begin working in the sports and leisure industry or study a Level 3 Diploma in Sport and progress onto the HND in Sports & Exercise Science.