This is the course for learners who want to work or take on an apprenticeship in the IT and Telecoms sectors to learn, practise and develop their skills for a variety of employment roles such as: cyber security technician, network manager, first and second line support technicians and infrastructure technicians.
• Customer support and provision for first- and second-line support.
• Installation and configuration of networked host devices and operating systems.
• Testing, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of networked host equipment and systems.
• Design and planning of a building network infrastructure.
• Installation, configuration and testing of network operating systems servers and clients. This qualification can help you to progress in a wide range of IT roles including:
• Business support services technician
• First and second line support technician
• Help desk technician
• IT support technician
You need four GCSEs at Grade 3 or above (preferably including English and maths), or a Level 2 in an IT related qualification and above all, an interest in this specific area relating to technical skills and professional competence. All offers will be subject to a successful interview.
You can progress onto an Apprenticeship or into Higher Education courses offered by the college.
Many of our successful students go on to work in the industry as:
• Help desk and first line support
• Network infrastructure and second line support
• Junior network engineer
• Network support
• IT technicians