The course is taught and assessed through a combination of theory and practical elements covering a range of skills and knowledge across these sectors. Not only will you be taught practical skills in class, you will also have the opportunity to put these into practice during your yearlong placement in a relevant industry setting. This could include a care home, nursery or hospital. As this qualification is designed to prepare you for employment as well as the next level of study, you will be assessed on your practical skills in addition to you knowledge.
You will cover a number of key areas in this qualification such as:
• Understanding the role of the healthcare worker
• Communication skills for working in the health sector
• Personal development in the health sector
• Health, safety and security in the health sector
• Understand quality standards in the health sector
• Equality and diversity in the health sector
You will need either of the following: Grade 3 in both English and maths or a Grade 4 in either English or maths and a Grade 2/3 in the other.
You could progress into relevant employment in the sector or further study through the following courses:
• T-Level Health
• T-Level Education and Childcare
• Level 3 Technical Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Level 3 Technical Diploma in Childcare and Education
• Level 3 Support for Teaching and Learning