This Level 3 carpentry qualification is aimed at those individuals who work or want to work as a site carpenter in the construction sector. At this level, you will learn advanced skills in site carpentry. The qualification has been devised to provide students with a fantastic understanding of all aspects of carpentry; a very in depth course to have you industry ready and competent across a range of skills but not ideally suited to those without any carpentry knowledge/background. You will develop the specialist knowledge and skills needed to become an advanced-level carpenter, and will become confident in a range of complex carpentry tasks such as erecting structural carcassing components and using fixed and transportable machinery.
• Health, safety and welfare in construction
• Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
• Carry out second fixing operations
• Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
• Carry out first fix roofing and stairs
• Carry out second fixing double doors and mouldings
• Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery such as circular saws, planer thicknesser machines band saws and mortice machines alongside a range of hand power tools, currently being used within the industry.
You'll need to have some good site experience in the trade and/or a Level 2 qualification in carpentry and joinery.
You can continue to a higher education course or seek employment in a wood related occupation.
This course is part of the government funded Lifelong Learning Guarantee and is available free of charge to adult learners aged 19+ without a first full level 3 qualification.
See the West Midlands Combined Authority website for full eligibility criteria here.
Please contact our admissions team for the cost if you do not meet the criteria and we will confirm the fee.