This qualification is for those wanting to enter the electrical industry. It gives you the opportunity to pick up some core skills and knowledge and gives you the opportunity to progress onto either our Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installation qualifications. These qualifications are aimed at learners who want to learn the basic skills and knowledge of electrical installation.
Key areas of study include:
• Working safely in an engineering environment
• Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
• Using and communicating technical information
• Assembling electrical wiring support systems
• Wiring electrical equipment and circuits
• Personal and social development.
To study for this qualification, but you must demonstrate a genuine interest in this subject, be prepared to follow high standards of behaviour and display a positive attitude to study.
You must have achieved a minimum Grade 3 in either Maths or English.
You must be prepared to be working towards improving your GCSE English and GCSE Maths,An initial assessment of your English and maths may be required depending on your qualifications to check you have the skills needed to successfully complete this course.
This qualification will allow progression to: City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Electrotechnical (GCSE Grade 4's must be achieved for English & Maths)