A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
Key areas include:
• The principles of coding
• Basic marketing principles
• Customer lifecycle
• The role of customer relationship marketing
• How teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and can deliver accordingly
• The main components of digital and social media strategies
• The principles of all of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, email marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and pay-per-click and understands how these can work together
• The similarities and differences, including positives and negatives, of all the major digital and social media platforms
You must be employed. Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or above is desirable.
Completion of the apprenticeship would also allow access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.