If you aspire to gain employment within an administrative environment this course will provide you with both skills and knowledge and a highly recognised industry related qualification.
The benefit of the course:
• Gain an insight in how businesses operate within different sectors
• Gain knowledge and understanding of the functions within an administrative environment
• Take part in visits to employers, skills shows and benefit from visiting speakers from a range of local businesses within Birmingham
• Gain some practical experiences using your administrative skills such as organising charity events, work shadowing college staff and taking part in class debates and discussions on topical business news.
• Gain a qualification that is regarded highly by employers due to its in-depth, academic side which is match with the use of your practical skills.
Example of units to be delivered:
• Principles of administrative services
• Principles of business organisations
• Communication within a business environment
• Health and safety regulations within the business sector
• Organising and managing meeting and business events
• Exploring working relationships within a positive environment
• Exploring job opportunities with a variety of different sectors
Level 1 or minimum 3 GCSE grades 3 or equivalent, including English, or Level 1 Functional Skills English
• Level 3 Business Administration
• Level 3 BTEC Business
• Higher level apprenticeships
• Some of our past students have progress into employer such as the NHS, Local Government. Doctors Surgeries, Schools’ HR and within our own college.