The qualification provides training for the roles of teaching, classroom and learning support assistant; special needs assistant; behaviour support assistant/co-ordinator; pastoral/welfare assistant; foundation stage assistant or team leader. At Level 2 the total minimum number of credits attainable on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for this pathway is 30. This is achieved through completion of the Combined Knowledge and Competence qualification.
• Child and young person development
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
• Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
• Help improve own and team practice in schools
• Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
• Support children and young people's health and safety
• Support children and young people's positive behaviour
• Support learning activities
You must have, or be working towards Level 1 in English. All candidates will need to attend an information session before starting the programme and candidates will need to undertake a literacy and numeracy assessment prior to starting.
Progression onto Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools or employment as a Level 2 Teaching Assistant.