Certificate in Community Interpreting Level 3
This qualification will equip you with high levels of language skills in both your first language and English, so that you can undertake interpreting work at a basic level of two way communication. You will cover essential areas including: selecting and preparing for assignments, understanding the sectors you work in and improving and developing your own performance.
This qualification is ideal for a range of learners, including those who have an interest in the role of an interpreter, those who already have experience in this area and wish to further develop their skills, and those who wish to acquire formal qualifications to enable them to move on to higher qualifications.
The qualification will enable you to:
- Understand the role of th community interpreter
- Learn about the sectors where interpreters may be required to work
- Develop and practise sight translation
- Demonstrate the skills of two way interpreting
- Learn how to develop and enhance own performance
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
The certificate consists of seven units; four mandatory and three taken from a selection of optional areas.
- Preparing for community interpreting assignments
- Supporting interpreting through sight translation
- Develop own performance as a community interpreter
- Working as a community interpreter in public service
Optional units focus on settings for interpreting.