This course provides an exciting introduction to many aspects of Art and Design.
‘…Students in creative arts...benefit strongly from the expertise of their teachers...produce good standards of work….’ Ofsted, 2018
The Art and Design Level 2 Diploma is a practical work related course. The qualification is a workshop and studies based hands on course that is first and foremost about building a portfolio of art and design work and employability skills.
What areas will I study?
You will study 3 units on this course:
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
- 2D Media, materials and techniques
- Realising art and design idea
What are the entry requirements?
You will need to fullfil one of these criteria:
- Four GCSEs grade 3 or above including GCSE Art and Design
- BTEC Introductory Diploma in Art (Distinction) or Merit grade plus 1 GCSE at grade 3
- BTEC Introductory Certificate in Art (Merit or Distinction) plus at least 2 GCSEs at grade 3 or above
- NCFE Level 1 Art and Design / NCFE Level 1 Interactive Media
Students will need to attend an interview with examples of their art work. All applicants must have a good reference.
Where can I progress to next?
Students who complete the programme with Merit or above can progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design.