This course provides an exciting introduction to many aspects of Art and Design.
The Art and Design Level 2 Diploma is a practical work related course. The qualification is a workshop and studies based hands on course that is first and foremost about building a portfolio of art and design work and employability skills.
It is a 3 unit course, the course units are:
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
- 2D Media, materials and techniques
- Realising art and design idea
You will need to fullfil one of these criteria:
- Four GCSEs grade 3 or above including GCSE Art and Design
- BTEC Introductory Diploma in Art (Distinction) or Merit grade plus 1 GCSE at grade 3
- BTEC Introductory Certificate in Art (Merit or Distinction) plus at least 2 GCSEs at grade 3 or above
- NCFE Level 1 Art and Design / NCFE Level 1 Interactive Media
Students will need to attend an interview with examples of their art work. All applicants must have a good reference.
Students who complete the programme with Merit or above can progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design.