Art & Design
‘…Students in creative arts...benefit strongly from the expertise of their teachers...produce good standards of work….’ Ofsted, 2018
Our Art and Design courses are ideal for those looking to develop their existing creativity and skills, as well as learning new ones. The industries our Art and Design students can work in when finishing their course range from photography to sewing and many in between.
Completing a course in Art and Design allows you to showcase your talent, meet new and like-minded people and add qualifications to your skills. If you’re creatively minded you will thrive in this environment; learning from others and developing your talent.
Why study Art & Design with us?
- Spacious art and design studios and workshops, with high-quality specialist resources
- Work on live projects from external clients or with artists in residence, getting real-world experience
- All students work on an end-of-year art exhibition which will give you experience in not only creating and producing your art but also managing the complexibities of an exhibition
- All staff qualified to Master degree level, so you’re definitely learning from the best
- Fantastic range of trips and visits – last year students went to Amsterdam, definitely the highlight of the year
- We help coordinate opportunities for Master Classes at local Universities to sample specialist art courses and taster sessions
- We focus on helping you develop a portfolio which showcases the best of your individual skills
- We work in close partnership with one of the few remaining specialist arts colleges in the UK, Hereford College of Arts, which supports students who are aiming for higher education in the Art and Design world, including an enhanced bursary scheme for progressing students.
- Our degree level students are fabulous mentors to our younger students
Just some of the career opportunities available to students of our Art and Design courses include:
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Fine Art
- Web Design
- Interior Design
- Digital Post-Production
Animation, Visual Effects and Games Level: 3 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Art & Design (Fashion) BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 Level: 3 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Art & Design (Fashion) Level 1 Level: 1 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Art & Design (Fashion) Level 2 Level: 2 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Art and Design Diploma Foundation Studies Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Art and Design Diploma Level 1 Level: 1 | Location: Bournville Campus
Art and Design Diploma Level 2 Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Art and Design Extended Diploma Level 3 Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Foundation Degree in Art & Design (validated by University of Wolverhampton) Level: 5 | Location: Bournville Campus
UAL (3) Creative Textiles for Industry Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
UAL Level 2 Art and Design Foundation Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus