There are around 157,000 people employed as hairdressers and barbers. Hair and barbering salons are evolving, now offering additional treatments such as threading and shaving, as well as the usual traditional services. Become part of this glamorous industry by getting hands-on, on one of our courses.
Why study Hairdressing and Barbering with us?
- We run Hairdressing and Barbering courses from three of our campuses, in real, purpose-built salons including a dedicated barber shop at our Digbeth campus, in the heart of the city centre
- Our tutors bring their years of industry experience to their teaching in the classroom
- You will be hands-on in your course, getting stuck in from day one
- The salons are equipped with the facilities and products found in high street salons
- You will work on paying clients as our salons are open to the public, learning valuable customer service
- You will be able to take part in our annual Hair and Barbering show held at the college, as well as other competitions, employer workshops, and visits to trade fares such as Barbers Connect and Salon International
- Our students are responsible for the hairstyles of models at the college fashion shows and we have even had students work on a film set
Your future in Hairdressing and Barbering
Our students have gone on to work as hairdressers or barbers in:
- Commercial salons
- Hotels, spas or cruise ships
- Media / TV
- Setting up their own salons and mobile businesses
Why not join them? Take a look at our range of courses.