This technical level qualification is aimed at 16 to 18 year olds and 19+ learners who are seeking to develop skills and knowledge in both business and marketing communications for entry into marketing and sales support roles.
This qualification also prepares learners for broader study within the field of marketing and the AQA Level 3 Technical Level qualification in Business: Marketing.
This qualification places an emphasis on the development of a broader range of marketing skills (such as research, stakeholder engagement, business ethics etc).
Typically learners will have five GCSEs at A* to C, preferably including English and maths. Achievement in a creative subject such as art or media would also be beneficial.
This qualification has been developed with the Chartered Institute of Marketing who have created professional standards in partnership with employers.
- An introduction to the establishment, growth and survival of a business
- Key concepts and terminology of marketing and how it fits within the organisation
- Main elements of marketing communications, customer relationship management, communications
- Methods and tools, development of an outline marketing communications campaign
- Key concepts associated with digital marketing
- Understanding legal, ethical and social concerns influencing business activities
- Marketing research and the roles and functions within this area of marketing
- Understanding of a range of organisational stakeholders beyond the customer
- How to plan for, deliver and evaluate collaborative projects exploring the importance of team Dynamics and cooperation
The Qualification is suitable for any who wants to progress into higher education or an apprenticeship and employment.
Level 2 Business and GCSE Grade C or above in English and maths or level 2 equivalents for maths and English Functional Skills or 5 GCSEs Grade A-C (including English and maths)