Gaining a job as an administrator can often be a stepping stone to other careers within the organisation so is an excellent place to start for anyone whether just leaving college, or looking for a change of career.
Business Administration and IT Advanced Diploma will give you a range of skills that will enable you to gain employment. Good administrative skills are essential in almost all areas of employment. You will learn all about how businesses are run, as well as customer service, team working, organising events and conferences and time management. In addition, you will also study Level 2 Certificate in IT Users (ITQ).
OCR Diploma in Business Administration (Business Professional) Level 3 will include a variety of modules including:
- Producing complex business documents
- Understanding functions and roles within business organisations
- Supporting recruitment and selection
- Verbal communication in business
- Legislation affecting organisations Level 2 Certificate in IT Users (ITQ) may include: Desktop publishing, word processing, presentation software, file management and email.
You will need one of the following:
- At least 3 GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including English Language
- Level 2 qualifications, such as BTEC at merit or distinction
- Good standard of secondary education with previous office experience Mature students who do not have the above qualifications are still welcome to apply and will be assessed on their individual experience and qualifications
Students will be able to progress directly into employment as an administrator, secretary or assistant to middle and senior management. Alternatively, students can progress to further study e.g Level 3 Business Management and Finance, or HND Business.