This course covers a range of general business topics such as economics, marketing and accounting, alongside specialist management modules. It is aimed at students who want to learn about how business and finances play a key role in many organisations.
This course is equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. There is a strong emphasis on practical skills on this course, as well as building the required knowledge for a successful career in this area. You will learn about the underlying principles and techniques used in business and management and develop an understanding of contemporary issues in the business world. The course will be supplemented with industry visits and key note speaker sessions.
- Business environment
- Managing financial resources and decisions
- Organisations and behaviour
- Marketing principles
- Aspects of contract and negligence for business
- Business decision making
- Business strategy
- Research project
- Personal and professional development
- Working with and leading people
- Managing business activities to achieve results
- Managing communications, knowledge and information
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
You will need 64 UCAS points, including a full level 3 qualification. You will also need to have GCSE maths and English at grade C or above.
Examples of a level 3 programme include:
- Two A-levels
- A BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma
- A BTEC National Certificate
- A level 3 diploma or equivalent such as NVQ, GNVQ, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Certificate of Education
- A recognised (Kite marked) access course
All applications must be made through UCAS using the Birmingham City University code (B25) To find out more about UCAS points, please visit http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables
You could progress on to the final year of a university degree programme in business and management in order to obtain a full honours degree.