This qualification is nationally recognised by employers, and you will develop higher-level skills essential for a successful career in business or accounting. The course is equivalent to the first and second year of a university degree.
The BTEC Higher National qualifications in business are aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning. Higher Nationals provide a wide-ranging study of the business sector and are designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business. In addition to the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin the study of the business sector.To view the programme specification, click here.
- Business and the business environment (first year core unit)
- Marketing essentials (first year core unit)
- Human resource management (first year core unit)
- Management and operations (first year core unit)
- Management accounting (first year core unit)
- Managing a successful business project (first year core unit)
- In the second ear you will follow the accounting pathway
You could progress on to the final year of a university degree in business and management or the second year of a specialised accounting degree programme. Some universities will accept you onto the final year of a Business and accounting degree. Alternatively, you could find employment as a trainee accountant and study towards a professional qualification, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
You will need a minimum of 48 UCAS points which may be gained from the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels
- One A Level plus an AS Level pass in an appropriate subject
- A BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma
- A BTEC National Certificate
- A level 3 diploma or equivalent such as NVQ, GNVQ, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Certificate of Education
- A recognised (Kite marked) Access course
- An AAT Level 3 qualification
- Other relevant international qualifications.
In addition you will need to have GCSE English and maths at Grade A-C or Level 2 equivalent
Alternatively, if you have significant relevant work experience or other professional qualifications you may be eligible for the course. Contact the College who will be able to advise and discuss your suitability for the course.
To find out more about UCAS points, please visit http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables