Advanced Apprenticeship for an Early Years Educator Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level: 3 | Location: Hall Green Campus|Bournville Campus
B.A.(Hons) Early Childhood Studies (awarded by University College Birmingham) Level: 6 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Caring for Children CACHE Certificate Level 1 Level: 1 | Location: Golden Hillock Women's Centre|Handsworth Campus|Hall Green Campus
Childcare and Education Diploma Level 3 Level: 3 | Location: Golden Hillock Women's Centre|Bournville Campus
Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (2 year) Level: 2 | Location: Golden Hillock Women's Centre|Hall Green Campus|Bournville Campus
NCFE Children and Young People WPL Diploma Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Supporting Teaching and Learning CACHE Diploma Level 3 Level: 3 | Location: Golden Hillock Women's Centre|Bournville Campus
‘...students use well-defined targets and clear areas for development to help them to improve subsequent pieces of work.’ Ofsted, 2018
Would you like to work with children or young people? There is always a demand for high-quality childcare professionals and our courses give you the skills and qualifications you need to start your career in childcare. The UK childcare market is worth £5.57 billion and is growing all the time. As the cost of living gets more expensive and more people with children have to go to work to support their families, parents are becoming increasingly reliant on childcare services.
This map gives you an overview of progression opportunities that our courses in Childcare can lead on to.
Why study Childcare with us?
- We have a range of Childcare training courses, from Level 1 up to Foundation Degree and Apprenticeships
- We make sure that you gain practical experience by working closely with local childcare providers and schools for work placements
- Students get the opportunity to work in the college's own nursery which was awarded Grade 1 Outstanding by Ofsted at the last inspection, and recently achieved Millie’s Mark status
- Your knowledge and experience will prepare you for the world of work
- Our tutors have a wealth of experience in the childcare industry to pass on to you, reflected in our excellent success rates
Your future in Childcare
Our students have gone on to work as:
- Crèche workers
- Play leaders or play assistants
- Nursery nurses
- Out-of-school workers
- Teaching assistants
To find out how to join them, why not take a look at our courses in Childcare?