Childcare and Education Diploma Level 3
This qualification enables learners to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work with children from birth to 5 years old and provides a comprehensive understanding of children's education and care.
‘...students use well-defined targets and clear areas for development to help them to improve subsequent pieces of work.’ Ofsted, 2018
The qualification is made up of 15 units divided across two years. In addition to the 15 mandatory units, you will also be required to submit an externally set and marked piece of course work in each year.
You will also complete 375 hours in work placement in each year of the course, where you will be supported by a qualified professional and an assessor who will assess your occupational competency in the work place.
What areas will I study?
First year units:
- Unit 1: Child development from conception to seven years
- Unit 2: Children's health and well-being
- Unit 3: Providing safe environments for children
- Unit 4: Child health
- Unit 5: Play and learning
- Unit 6: Understanding children's additional needs
- Unit 7: Observation, assessment and planning
- Unit 8: Professional practice portfolio 1
Effective practice study (externally set and marked task)
Second year units:
- Unit 9: Supporting emergent literacy
- Unit 10: Supporting emergent mathematics
- Unit 11: Preparing for school readiness
- Unit 12: International perspectives
- Unit 13: Reflective practice for professional development
- Unit 14: Professional partnerships in early years
- Unit 15: Professional practice portfolio 2
External assessment (externally set and marked task)