This qualification enables learners to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work with children from birth to 5 years old and provides a comprehensive understanding of children's education and care.
The qualification is made up of 15 units divided across two years. In addition to the 15 mandatory units, you will also be required to submit an externally set and marked piece of course work in each year.
You will also complete 375 hours in work placement in each year of the course, where you will be supported by a qualified professional and an assessor who will assess your occupational competency in the work place.
Units covered in the first year:
- Unit 1: Child development from conception to seven years
- Unit 2: Children's health and well-being
- Unit 3: Providing safe environments for children
- Unit 4: Child health
- Unit 5: Play and learning
- Unit 6: Understanding children's additional needs
- Unit 7: Observation, assessment and planning
- Unit 8: Professional practice portfolio 1 Effective practice study (externally set and marked task)
- Units covered in the second year:
- Unit 9: Supporting emergent literacy
- Unit 10: Supporting emergent mathematics
- Unit 11: Preparing for school readiness
- Unit 12: International perspectives
- Unit 13: Reflective practice for professional development
- Unit 14: Professional partnerships in early years
- Unit 15: Professional practice portfolio 2 External assessment (externally set and marked task)
5 GCSE's at Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C) including English and maths.
After completing the Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (EYE) learners can progress on to Higher Education or enter employment as Early Years Educators.