Level 2 Technical Diploma in Networking, Infrastructure and Cyber Security
Are you the person who’s always asked to help people with their phones? Or fix the WiFi settings at home?
Are you interested in cyber security and do you have what it takes to keep people and systems secure from hackers?
Then you may be the ideal person responsible for keeping IT systems in an organisation running efficiently and effectively.
This course has been designed to give you an understanding of the skills needed for the IT sector. It is perfect if you want to develop your skills in hardware, software and networking.
This course has been designed to develop the practical skills and supporting theory needed for first and second line support positions in any organisation that uses IT.
You will be taught by tutors who have the Microsoft and Cisco qualifications that employers require, and who have worked in the industry and understand what employers need.
You will be assessed throughout the course by internal and external practical assessments, online examinations, and coursework.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to be delivered online as much as possible.
What areas will I study?
- understanding IT network features and functions, common practices in network security, and the function and features of the main network appliances
- setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems
- IT service solutions and the issues encountered in IT solutions in an organisation
- use of ethical hacking techniques to test the security of a network
- creating and maintaining a network.
This course will be delivered through blended learning, a combination of you studying online and attending college for workshops and face to face delivery in small groups.