The qualification has been devised to provide students with a fantastic understanding of all aspects of carpentry; a very in depth course to have you industry-ready and competent across a range of skills.
You will develop your skills in our purpose built construction workshops, loaded with all the equipment you will need to become a fully skilled carpenter. The course will be taught by tutors that have years of industry experience and knowledge; perfect for helping you to become a skilled trade person.
This Level 3 carpentry qualification is aimed at those individuals who work or want to work as a site carpenter in the construction sector. At this level, you will learn advanced skills in site carpentry. The qualification has been devised to provide students with a fantastic understanding of all aspects of carpentry; a very in depth course to have you industry ready and competent across a range of skills but not ideally suited to those without any carpentry knowledge/background.
You will develop the specialist knowledge and skills needed to become an advanced-level carpenter, and will become confident in a range of complex carpentry tasks such as erecting structural carcassing components and using fixed and transportable machinery.
What areas will I study?
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Carry out first fix roofing and stairs
- Carry out second fixing double doors and mouldings
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery