The course is aimed at candidates who have completed Level 2 Brickwork and wish to continue studying for a further year to enhance skills and employability prospects to a higher level. Mature and more experienced candidates may have the opportunity to join this course given suitable evidence and experience/industrial competence.
Learners will be continuously assessed throughout the course, this will involve both practical and theoretical aspects to enable you to complete unit assessments on-line and practical assessments at the end of each unit.
As part of your Programme of Study (16-18 years old only) you will study maths and English alongside your vocational qualification.
What areas will I study?
The course consists of both practical and written units which must be completed to Examination criteria. Unit Assessment overview.
- Information, quantities and communicatin
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Know how to carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Know how to repair and maintain masonry structures
- Erect complex and masonry structures
- Maths and English