Engineering Diploma Level 1 - Electrical and Electronic Engineering pathway
Our Level 1 programme brings to life core engineering subjects, focussing on electrical and electronic engineering. You will experience an interactive way of learning. Practical and experimental classes offer you hands-on experience to complement your course's more theoretical modules, while innovative design-build-test projects replace the more traditional lesson and lab sessions.
The aim of this course is to develop your basic skills and knowledge to allow you to progress into a career in the engineering industry or to a higher level course. The programme comprises modules involving practical work and essential knowledge related to engineering.
What areas will I study?
Key areas of study include:
- Working safely in engineering
- Developing skills in making engineering components using hand tools
- Developing skills in using a bench/pedestal drilling machine
- Developing skills in electronic assembly
- Developing skills in wiring electrical circuits and components
- Developing skills in routine servicing of an electrical/electronic system
- Starting work in engineering
- Working in a team
- Interpreting and using engineering information
- Engineering marking out