Advanced Apprenticeship Engineering Technician (Technical Support Technician )
Engineering technicians in the aerospace, aviation, automotive, maritime defence and wider advanced manufacturing and engineering sectors are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long term career development.
Technical Support Technicians, work as part of a team to provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the Engineering and Manufacturing function including communications software, test, analysis tools, measurement, off line programming, process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions, capacity planning, production scheduling/planning, product technical applications and capability, technical sales and marketing support, product development and innovation, engineering drawing, purchasing and/or supply of goods or services for engineering activities, quality control, inspection and e-commerce technologies as required.
The requirements are designed to offer stretch and progression. You will be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake. You will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
Specific specialist knowledge:
- understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations used in a technical support environment
- understand the methods and techniques used to evaluate technical data and documentation
- understand how to identify that the data and documentation being used is current and up to date
- understand the procedure to be used for making changes to issued documentation
- understand where and how to source other areas of technical expertise/information to help solve technical problems
- understand the requirements of the customer (internal/external) and support using the appropriate tools, equipment and processes
Specific Specialist Skills:
- produce technical documentation that contains all the relevant and necessary data
- and information required for the technical support activity being carried out
- present the technical documentation in the required format
- ensure that codes, symbols and other references used in the technical
- documentation follows agreed uk/international conventions
- save and store technical documentation in the correct format, location in accordance with organisational and/or customer requirements
- make any changes/amendments to the technical documentation using agreed quality
- assurance control procedures
- develop effective business and/or customer relationships
- provide technical advice and guidance to others
- contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) - for all starts from 1st July 2017