This intensive English course for international students is for 21 hours per week for students at intermediate level who want to develop their English skills for better career opportunities or to go to University. Students will be placed in classes at Intermediate or Upper Intermediate level.
This course will improve English Language skills and prepare students for the IELTS exam and further study. We will help you:
- continue to develop your general English language skills
- introduce academic English skills
- improve your IELTS score ready for progression to higher level classes or entry to university
- optional City & Guilds English qualifications to boost your future career development and prospects
- increase your overall confidence in your use of English Language.
This course continues to develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to a higher level whilst preparing you for the IELTS exam and vocational/academic study or career progression. You will learn more about:
- exam techniques
- greater accuracy of grammar
- It based learning
We will provide you with:
- an initial assessment to identify your starting level
- an individual learning plan which will be personalised to your individual needs and future targets and focus on the main areas you need to improve, for instance writing text or speaking in a group
- regular assessments, tutorials and reviews to track your progress
- Embassy student progress reports
- College Certificate following course completion and the option to take City & Guilds qualifications
Levels IELTS: 4 - 5 CEFR: B1 - B2 ESOL: Entry 3 - Level 1
Term dates are available on our website. Timetables may be subject to minor changes in times. Maximum group size is 22 students although the average group size is 18. Course length is dependent on visa but we expect students to attend a minimum of eight weeks.
Fees Course fees vary depending on the number of hours studied per week and the duration of study. City and Guilds English qualifications are optional and are approximately £25 per module Fees do not include accommodation.
You will need to be over 18 years of age. Students will be given an assessment on arrival to identify starting point and be placed in Intermediate or Upper Intermediate level classes.
Visa Short-term Student Visa (up to 11 months) Tier 4 - expected to hold a conditional offer from a university and IELTs at B1 in all 4 components
On successful completion of this programme you will either be progressed into Upper Intermediate or Advanced English, or be able to access a number of opportunities in the UK and abroad including access to higher education and work opportunities for students with appropriate IELTs scores.