Fashion & Textiles
Art & Design (Fashion) BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 Level: 3 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Art & Design (Fashion) Level 2 Level: 2 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Dressmaking (Part 2) Level: 1 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
ESOL with Fashion Level: Entry level | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Fashion Design and Garment Technology Level: 3 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Fashion Design Studio Assistant with Styling - Level 3 Level: 3 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Fashion Level 3 Progression to Higher Education Level: 3 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
HND in Art and Design Fashion & Textiles Level: 5 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Level 1 Making it in Fashion Level: 1 | Location: Digbeth Campus
Level 2 Foundation in Fashion & Textiles Level: 2 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
Pattern Cutting (Part 2) Level: 1 | Location: Fusion Centre 2
‘…standards of work are strong.’ Ofsted, 2018
Fashion is an international industry and it is booming. It is worth around £12bn to the UK economy, with around 340,000 people in fashion jobs in the UK mainly employed in the three main sectors: design, manufacturing and servicing.
This map gives you an overview of progression opportunities that our courses in Fashion & Textiles can lead on to.
Why study Fashion with us?
- Our Fusion Centre school of fashion is based in Birmingham City Centre, only a couple of minutes’ walk from the Bullring shopping area and within the heart of Birmingham's creative quarter
- The Fusion Centre offers state-of-the-art workrooms, with brilliant facilities from industrial sewing machines, screen printing equipment, to the Gerber System.
- We offer an exciting range of courses from Level 1 to degree level
- Our facilities and courses will enable you to explore techniques that will give you an advantage when trying to establish yourself in the fashion industry
- Courses take you through the complete design process from initial designs to creating patterns and toiles
- You will have the opportunity to exhibit your work at our annual sell-out fashion show
- We have brilliant links with local businesses for industry work experience
- We have great connections with local universities for our students that choose to progress to higher education
Your future in Fashion
Our fashion courses could help you achieve your dream career in:
- Fashion buying
- Fashion and textile design
- Fashion forecasting
- Fashion journalism
- Fashion merchandising
- As a model/fashion promotion/PR/fashion retail
- As a fashion stylist
We have had students go on to study fashion degrees, and fashion courses at universities including the prestigious London College of Fashion, become costume designers for theatres and set up their own fashion businesses.
To find out how to join them, why not take a look at our courses in fashion?