This course is for those who wish to pursue a career in the fashion and textiles industry. You will gain high level and specialist training in how to present and exhibit your work to industry standard and how to realise your fashion collection from an idea to the catwalk.
You will learn new techniques, explore innovative processes and fashion trends and develop an independent mode of working. You will also be able to specialise in the areas you are most interested in.
- Visual communication in art and design
- Ideas generation and development in art and design
- Contextual and cultural referencing in art and design
- Professional practice in art and design
- Project design, implementation and evaluation
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
You will need a minimum of 48 UCAS points which may be gained from the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels
- One A Level plus an AS Level pass in an appropriate subject
- BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma
- BTEC National Certificate
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent such as NVQ, GNVQ, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Certificate of Education
- A recognised (Kite marked) Access course
- Other relevant international qualifications
Alternatively, if you have significant relevant work experience or other professional qualifications you may be eligible for the course. Contact the College who will be able to advise and discuss your suitability for the course.
To find out more about UCAS points, please visit https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/ucas-undergraduate-entry-requirements
You will be able to make an immediate contribution to the work place. For example, you can seek work in fashion, couture or textile design, tailoring, pattern cutting and grading, or set up your own company. You may also top-up your HND by studying a further year at university to gain a full honours degree.