Switch on to Cooking Up A Storm
This is a part-time course at Entry 1 - Entry 2 Level, for students who want to re-engage with learning.
You will study the qualification, Certificate in Personal Progress Entry Level 1
There are 5 options to choose from and you can choose up to 3, unless you have chosen the Brush up English and Maths courses, then you can only choose one option.
The options are: Cooking up a Storm The Gardeners Exploring the Community for Culture and Diversity The Crafty Course *Health & Wellbeing
The course is once a week for 5 hours a day . You will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you throughout the course and on any trips, visits or any other activities whilst you are on the course.
This course will teach you how to:
- Participate effectively in social situations
- Change your attitudes and behaviour to express who you trul are
- Manage the stress that a lack of confidence creates
- Present yourself confidently and assertively, changing the way you interact with others
- Improve your decision making skills and allow you to take control of your life.
- Become more independent *Explore new things
- Take a more active part in their community
- Develop a range of practical and/or creative skills
- Develop social skills and an awareness of others
- Enhance communication and self-advocacy skills
- Begin to determine their own learning through the achievement of personalised learning goals
- Develop confidence and self esteem
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
- Improving your confidence *Become more confident
- Improving your social skills
- Developing new interests
- Making new friends *Help you choose your career pathway