Level 3 Certificate in End of Life Care (Stonebridge On-line)
This qualification is intended for adults who work in the Health and Social Care sector whose role includes caring for those who have a life-limiting illness and supporting their loved ones.
It is a suitable course for people who are interested in becoming employed in the healthcare sector or as professional development.
This course is entirely delivered online with access to tutor support.
This qualification provides learners with an understanding of the principles of end of life care, including knowledge of:
- the definition of end of life care
- approaches to end of life care
- how to support a person’s familial, spiritual, social and emotional needs
- how to confront issues of death and bereavement.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units. Grades are not awarded. The Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care is internally assessed.
This qualification consists of 5 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understanding end of life care
- Unit 02 Communication during end of life care
- Unit 03 Assessment and care planning in end of life care
- Unit 04 Person-centred approaches to end of life care
- Unit 05 Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care.