Level 3 CACHE Technical Certificate in Health and Social Care
This two-year course is ideal for anyone looking to pursue a career in the health and social care sector who have already achieved a full Level 2 qualification, however do not yet have their maths and English GCSE at Grade 4 or above. You will gain an in depth understanding about how to support and care for vulnerable members of society, for example, people with physical disabilities, learning difficulties, mental health problems, or people who are old or frail.
This specialist course gives an in-depth understanding of a range of aspects of health and social care. You will learn about person-centred care, mental health, dementia care, and communication in care settings. The course is assessed using vocationally based assignments which may include written accounts or reports, making posters or leaflets or group work. You will also learn about current policies and legislation relating to care practice.
You are expected to do some independent research in subjects that relate to health and social care and will need to complete the nine mandatory units to achieve the Technical Certificate which will be split across two years alongside maths and English.
There is mandatory work placement in both years of the qualification.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Safeguarding vulnerable people
- Working in health and social care
- Reflective practice
- Protection of children, young people and adults
- Anatomy and physiology
- Research skills
- Professional development
- 4 optional units