Supporting Teaching and Learning Diploma
This Level 3 is for teaching support staff whose role requires competence across a range of responsibilities. They will contribute to planning, implementing and evaluating learning activities and will work alongside the teacher to support whole class activities as well as working on their own with individuals or groups of pupils.
The framework provides training for the roles of teaching, classroom and learning support assistant; special needs assistant; behaviour support assistant/co-ordinator; pastoral/welfare assistant; foundation stage assistant or team leader.
‘...in health and social care higher-level apprentices carefully plan their research projects to support the development of services that meet the requirements of service users.’ Ofsted, 2018
At Level 3 the total minimum number of credits attainable on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for this pathway is 44. This is achieved through completion of the Combined Knowledge and Competence qualification and the Transferable Skills qualifications.
What areas will I study?
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- School as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young peoples' positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people