Understanding Working in the Health Sector Certificate
This qualification is designed for adults considering a career in the health sector and aims to give learners the opportunity to investigate a work role in the health sector and provide the underpinning knowledge needed to work effectively. These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualification or employment within health and social care, or to develop within their current job role within health and social care.
This course is delivered as a blended qualification which is a mixture of online learning and tutor support workshops.
As of 11th November all adults aged 18 or over employed or volunteering must have received both doses of a MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine before they are able to enter any CQC regulated care or nursing home. Therefore, if you are 18 or over (or will turn 18 during your course) you must have already received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or, be willing to receive both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine following enrolment or, provide medical evidence as to why you are unable to receive a vaccine.
The qualification can support progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- Support worker (supported living)
- Healthcare support service worker
- Clinical healthcare support worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Mental health support worker
- Non-clinical roles within healthcare - such as reception staff, porters, drivers etc.
What areas will I study?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand the role of the healthcare worker
- Unit 02 Communication skills for working in the health sector
- Unit 03 Personal development in the health sector
- Unit 04 Health, safety and security in the health sector
- Unit 05 Understand quality standards in the health sector
- Unit 06 Equality and diversity in the health sector
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector is internally assessed.