Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector
This qualification is designed for adults considering a career in the health sector and aims to give learners the opportunity to investigate a work role in the health sector and provide the underpinning knowledge needed to work effectively. These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualification or employment within health and social care, or to develop within their current job role within health and social care.
This course is delivered as a blended qualification which is a mixture of online learning and tutor support workshops.
The qualification can support progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- Support worker (supported living)
- Healthcare support service worker
- Clinical healthcare support worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Mental health support worker
- Non-clinical roles within healthcare - such as reception staff, porters, drivers etc.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand the role of the healthcare worker
- Unit 02 Communication skills for working in the health sector
- Unit 03 Personal development in the health sector
- Unit 04 Health, safety and security in the health sector
- Unit 05 Understand quality standards in the health sector
- Unit 06 Equality and diversity in the health sector
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector is internally assessed.