Supporting Teaching and Learning Certificate
The Level 2 is applicable to learning support staff whose responsibilities at work are closely supervised and working under the direction of the class teacher.
‘…in health and social care higher-level apprentices carefully plan their research projects to support the development of services that meet the requirements of service users.’ Ofsted, 2018
The qualification provides training for the roles of teaching, classroom and learning support assistant; special needs assistant; behavior support assistant/co-ordinator; pastoral/welfare assistant; foundation stage assistant or team leader.
At Level 2 the total minimum number of credits attainable on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for this pathway is 30. This is achieved through completion of the Combined Knowledge and Competence qualification.
What areas will I study?
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Support learning activities