Hospitality & Catering
The catering and hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world, offering job and career opportunities in many different roles. Around two million people have catering and hospitality jobs in the UK, with 120,000+ of these in the West Midlands. Birmingham has five Michelin-starred restaurants as well as eatery pop-ups and street food festivals. Alongside there are hundreds of established chains and independent restaurants and hotels constantly recruiting at all levels.
You can aspire to be an Executive Chef or Maitre d’ and build an international career. Alternatively, you may dream of owning your own business making and selling anything from cupcakes, artisan bread to full blown menus. In hospitality and catering, the world really is your oyster.
Why study Catering & Hospitality with us?
- Not only will you learn to cook and serve, but you’ll gain in depth knowledge about the industry, how to build your career and even set up your own business.
- Enjoy the experience of a real customer paying restaurant, with busy service at lunchtimes and silver service in the evening
- Gain hands on experience of working in a busy competitive kitchen and design your CV so getting a job is a piece of cake
- You'll get involved in our entrepreneurial competitions and learn how to manage budgets and make profits
- We have excellent relationships with world famous chefs
- Excellent opportunities for trips to see the industry in action, both here and abroad
- Get involved at the Skills show hosted at NEC
Your future in catering and hospitality
The industry is all about providing people with food, drink and accommodation, in all sorts of organisations; such as bars, restaurants, events, exhibition centres, hospitals, hotels and many more. Following one of our hospitality courses or catering courses you will be able to seek work as a:
- Bar person
- Sous chef
- Chef de partie
- Commis chef
- Kitchen Assistant
- Waiting staff
- Hotel porter
- Hotel manager
Why not join them? Take a look at our range of courses.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Apprenticeship Commis Chef Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Apprenticeship Hospitality Supervisor Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Apprenticeship Hospitality Team Member Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Hospitality and Catering City and Guilds level 1 Level: 1 | Location: Bournville Campus
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hospitality Services Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Intermediate Apprenticeship Professional Cookery Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Level 2 Technical Certificate in Professional Cookery Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Professional Cookery Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus