Hospitality & Catering
Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Apprenticeship Hospitality Supervisor Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Intermediate Apprenticeship Commis Chef Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Intermediate Apprenticeship Hospitality Team Member Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hospitality Services Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Level 2 Technical Certificate in Food and Beverage Service Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Level 2 Technical Certificate in Professional Cookery Level: 2 | Location: Bournville Campus
Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Professional Cookery Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Supervision in Food and Beverage Services Level: 3 | Location: Bournville Campus
The hospitality and catering industry is one of the fastest growing in the world. Around two million people have catering and hospitality jobs in the UK, with 120,000+ of these in the West Midlands. Birmingham has five Michelin-starred restaurants as well as eatery pop-ups and street food festivals. Alongside this, there are hundreds of established chains, independent restaurants and hotels constantly recruiting at all levels. In hospitality and catering, the world really is your oyster.
This map gives you an overview of progression opportunities that our courses in Hospitality & Catering can lead on to.
Why study Hospitality & Catering with us?
- Not only will you learn to cook and serve, but you’ll gain in depth knowledge about the industry, how to build your career and even set up your own business.
- Enjoy the experience of a real customer paying restaurant, with busy service at lunchtimes and silver service in the evening
- Gain hands-on experience of working in a busy competitive kitchen and enhance your CV
- You'll get involved in our entrepreneurial competitions and learn how to manage budgets and make profits
- We have great relationships with world famous chefs
- There are excellent opportunities for industry trips, both here and abroad
Your future in Hospitality & Catering
The industry is all about providing people with food, drink and accommodation in all sorts of organisations; such as bars, restaurants, events, exhibition centres, hospitals, hotels and many more. Our students have gone on to work as a:
- Bar person
- Sous chef
- Chef de partie
- Commis chef
- Kitchen assistant
- Waiting staff
- Hotel porter
- Hotel manager
Why not join them? Take a look at our range of courses.