This course is designed to give you an introduction to the hospitality and catering industry. If you have an interest in the hospitality and catering trade, this course will help you understand and give you an introduction to both these trades with supporting qualifications that will help you progress to higher qualifications or help you towards an apprenticeship or work.
On this course you will receive instruction on how to use a range of equipment in our industry standard kitchen. You will achieve a College certificate of participation. In addition, you will achieve an employability qualification and English and Maths.
You will be required to adhere to an appropriate dress code in the kitchens for health and safety reasons and wear formal clothes e.g plain white shirt with a collar and black trousers and black shoes when working in the front of house (restaurant)
You will cover:
- Introduction to the catering and hospitality industry
- Introduction to kitchen equipment, personal workplace skills, healthier foods and special diets
- Health and safety awareness
- Preparing a range of dishes using various methods of cookery
- Cold food preparation and re-generation
- Assisting in the restaurant to set up tables and assisting with restaurant service.
There are no formal entry requirements to enrol on this course. However, you will need to have a short basic skills assessment and an interview to demonstrate your enthusiasm.
You will be able to progress onto a range of Level 1 qualifications in hospitality and catering.