This qualification is for individuals who want to work as plumbers in the building services engineering sector. This qualification does not make you a fully qualified plumber, but it allows you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the plumbing sector.
If you would like to work in the plumbing and building services industry, this course is for you, where you can learn the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to be successful.
Once you complete your Level 2 course, you are ready to go out into the industry, just ask Josh Daniels who completed his Level 1 and 2 with us! Josh was spotted by Wates the construction company and offered an Apprenticeship. That was 2 years ago and he is now about to complete his Level 3. Why not get paid whilst you are training?
You will learn about the key plumbing principles, above ground drainage and how to plumb in hot and cold water.
The course is a 1 year programme for Adult learners and for 16-18 year olds who have passed their maths and English GCSE's.
For 16-18 year olds who have not passed their GCSE maths and English and hold a Grade 3, the course will be 2 years long.
What areas will I study?
Key areas of study include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Drainage systems
- Central heating systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering