Personal Training Diploma
This one year course is aimed at students wishing to enter the sports and leisure industry as a personal trainer, but do not hold a Level 2 gym instructing qualification.
The qualification is run full-time for 16-18 and adults and there is a part-time evening option for adults
You will study three days a week at our Bordesley Green or Bournville campus (Longbridge) for our full time course, or 2 evenings a week for our adult only course at either Bordesley Green or Bournville campus (Longbridge). The course consists of online assessments, folder work and practical observations.
Modules of study include: Anatomy and physiology including: Heart and circulatory system Musculoskeletal system Postural and core stability
- The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
- How to design, manage, and adapt a gym based exercise and personal training programme with healthy adults of all ages.
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for healthy adults of all ages.
What areas will I study?
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health and safety
- Communicating with clients