Everyday Life Skills
If you need support to move from school to college then this may be the course for you. The course aims to develop your skills and confidence, preparing you for adulthood and progression to further vocational programmes where you will be able to gain more job-related skills. You will work on individual goals which could include handling money, working with others, communication skills (speaking/signing, listening, reading and writing), practical life skills and confidence.
You will work on individual goals and try a range of vocational activities to help you decide what to study in the future. The group is designed to offer support with the transition from school to college and is a mixture of practical skills and class sessions to improve your knowledge, skills and understanding and achieve your goals.
What else will I do?
- Local trips and visits
- Enrichment activities (social, creative and health-related) as part of your study programme
What support is available?
- Regular tutorials with your personal tutor
- Specific sessions to improve your basic skills
What areas will I study?
- Increasing your confidence in college
- Developing personal skills
- Keeping safe and healthy
- Practical day-to-day activities
- Vocational "tasters" in a range of subjects