Switch on to Learning - The Crafty Course
This is a part-time course at Entry 1 - Entry 2 Level, for students who want to re-engage with learning.
You will study the qualification, Certificate in Personal Progress Entry Level 1
There are 5 options to choose from and you can choose up to 3, unless you have chosen the Brush up English and Maths courses, then you can only choose one option.
The course is once a week for 5 hours a day. You will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you throughout the course and on any trips, visits or any other activities whilst you are on the course.
This course will teach you how to:
- Participate effectively in social situations
- Change your attitudes and behaviour to express who you truly are
- Manage the stress that a lack of confidence creates
- Present yourself confidently and assertively, changing the way you interact with others
- Improve your decision making skills and allow you to take control of your life.
- Become more independent
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
- Improving your confidence *Become more confident
- Improving your social skills
- Developing new interests
- Making new friends *Help you choose your career pathway