This course covers a range of general business topics and will help you gain a general understanding about marketing within a business, the important role it plays and the wide variety of career options available to you.
The BTEC Higher National qualifications in Business are aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning. Higher Nationals provide a wide-ranging study of the business sector and are designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business. In addition to the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin the study of the business sector.To view the programme specification, click here.
- Business and the business environment (first year core unit)
- Marketing essentials (first year core unit)
- Human resource management (first year core unit)
- Management and operations (first year core unit)
- Management accounting (first year core unit)
- Managing a successful business project (first year core unit)
- In the second year students will follow the marketing pathway.
You could progress on to the second or final year of a university degree programme in a range of business related subjects or a specialised marketing degree programme in order to obtain a full honours degree. Alternatively, you could find employment in a marketing or business role across a range of industry sectors.
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
You will need a minimum of 48 UCAS points which may be gained from the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels
- One A Level plus an AS Level pass in an appropriate subject
- A BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma
- A BTEC National Certificate
- A level 3 diploma or equivalent such as NVQ, GNVQ, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Certificate of Education
- A recognised (Kite marked) Access course
You wll also be required to have GCSE English and maths at Grade A-C or level 2 equivalent.
Alternatively, if you have significant relevant work experience or other professional qualifications you may be eligible for the course. Contact the College who will be able to advise and discuss your suitability for the course.
To find out more about UCAS points, please visit http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables