This course will provide you with the necessary skills to work effectively in the construction industry. It is also nationally recognised by employers and is perfect if you aim to work in construction management.
You will gain a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the construction sector, and will be able to study specialist units to suit your interests and career needs. You will also gain an understanding of how emerging technologies affect the design and production phases of construction projects, explore scientific principles and the behaviour of materials used in construction, take responsibility for your contribution to a project, and work as part of a team, and understand current health and safety regulations.To view the programme specification, click here.
- Contracts and management
- Advanced construction drawings and detailing
- Science and materials for construction
- Group project in construction
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Construction technology for complex building
You could move on to the final year of a BSc (Hons) course, or find employment within the construction trade in a managerial or technical capacity.
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences. You will need a minimum of 120 UCAS points which may be gained from the following qualifications:
- Two A-levels
- One A-level plus an AS Level pass in an appropriate subject
- A BTEC National Diploma or Extended Diploma
- A BTEC National Certificate
- A level 3 diploma or equivalent such as NVQ, GNVQ, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Certificate of Education
- A recognised (Kite marked) access course
- Other relevant international qualifications
Alternatively, if you have significant relevant work experience or other professional qualifications you may be eligible for the course. Contact the college and we can arrange for you to attend an open day to discuss your experience and suitability for the course.
To find out more about UCAS points, please visit http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables