HND Advanced Practice in Early Years and Education
This course is ideal for anyone who would like to work with children and families in early years services. You will develop high level skills, techniques and attributes needed for a successful career in the industry, through work placements and learning.
You will study theories of child development from birth, including the physical, social and emotional development of children. You will also study child protection and learn how to organise an appropriate response to signs of child abuse. As part of the programme, you will produce your own research project on a chosen subject.
What areas will I study?
- Professional development through reflective practice
- Communication, values and leadership for advanced early years practitioners
- Theories of development and progress – birth to seven years, eleven months
- Early years curriculum, play and learning
- Issues affecting children’s behaviour
- Safeguarding, children’s welfare and child protection
- Creating safe environments in early years settings
- Supporting quality improvement in early years settings
- The whole child approach in early years practice
- Developing research skills for early years practice
- Promoting progress in language, literacy and mathematics in the early years
- Promoting an understanding of the world in the early years
- Contemporary issues in child health
- Diversity, difference and inclusion in early years settings
- Working with families