HND Business & Management (BCU)
This course is equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree and covers a range of general business topics such as economics, marketing and accounting, alongside specialist management modules. It is aimed at students who want to learn about how business and finance play a key role in many organisations.
There is a strong emphasis on practical skills on this course, as well as building the required knowledge for a successful career in this area. You will learn about the underlying principles and techniques used in business and management to develop an understanding of contemporary issues in the business world. The course will be supplemented with industry visits and keynote speaker sessions.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation and with health and safety of our students as a priority, we have redesigned this course to include a mixture of classroom-based and online learning.
What areas will I study?
Units studied include:
- Business environment
- Managing financial resources and decisions
- Organisations and behaviour
- Marketing principles
- Aspects of contract and negligence for business
- Business decision making
- Business strategy
- Research project
- Personal and professional development
- Working with and leading people
- Managing business activities to achieve results
- Managing communications, knowledge and information